Pediatric Crowns in Denver, CO
Your child’s smile means the world to us at Northfield Pediatric Dentistry. That’s why we offer a unique service – pediatric dental crowns – to ensure their teeth stay healthy and happy. Our focus is on preserving your child’s oral health with our specialized service. Choose us to provide your child’s teeth with the best care and protection.
What are Pediatric Crowns?
Pediatric crowns serve as protective coverings for damaged or weakened teeth. Pediatric dental caps restore strength, function, and appearance. These crowns are made from either stainless steel or tooth-colored materials, depending on your child’s age and dental needs. Pediatric dental crowns serve a crucial role in pediatric dental care by providing a durable solution for teeth affected by extensive decay, fractures, or structural damage. They act as a shield, preserving the tooth’s integrity while maintaining the overall appearance of the child’s smile.
Why are Crowns Used for Children?
Pediatric dental crowns can be an important part of pediatric dentistry for several reasons. They are used to:
- Preserve Primary Teeth: Crowns help preserve primary (baby) teeth, which are essential for proper speech development and nutrition and guide the eruption of permanent teeth.
- Strength and Durability: They provide durable protection for teeth with extensive decay, fractures, or structural damage.
How Long Do They Last?
The longevity of pediatric dental crowns depends on various factors, including the child’s oral hygiene practices and dietary habits. On average, these crowns can last several years and fall out attached to the underlying tooth structure when it is time for the permanent tooth to come in! Regular check-ups with our dental team will help monitor their condition and ensure they remain effective.
How Are Pediatric Dental Crowns Placed?
Placing pediatric dental crowns is a meticulous procedure that requires the expertise of a pediatric dentist like Dr. Roz. The process involves:
- Tooth Preparation: The damaged tooth is prepared by removing any decay or weak areas and preparing it for the seating of a crown.
- Crown Selection: Dr. Roz selects a crown that matches the child’s natural teeth in size and form.Fitting and Bonding: crowns are securely fitted onto the prepared tooth and cemented with special biocompatible cement.
- Can Crowns Be Used on Baby Teeth?
Absolutely. Pediatric dental crowns can be used on primary (baby) teeth. It’s essential to preserve these teeth as they guide the eruption of permanent teeth and support proper speech development and nutrition.
Are They Safe?
Rest assured, pediatric dental crowns in pediatric dentistry are safe and specifically designed for children. The materials used are biocompatible and free from harmful substances. Dr. Roz and her team take every precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of young patients during the procedure.
How Do Pediatric Dental Crowns Affect Oral Health?
Pediatric crowns can play a vital role in maintaining your child’s oral health by:
- Preventing Further Damage: They prevent further decay or structural damage to the tooth.
- Maintaining Functionality: Pediatric dental crowns restore the tooth’s function, allowing your child to chew and speak properly.
- Preserving Aesthetics: These crowns can naturally appear to ensure your child’s confidence and self-esteem remain intact.
Preserving Little Smiles: Choose Northfield For Your Child’s Care!
At Northfield Pediatric Dentistry, we understand the importance of pediatric dental caps, whether white or stainless steel, in preserving your child’s oral health. Dr. Roz and her team are dedicated to providing expert care to children in a sensory-cognizant environment that prioritizes their comfort and well-being.
If you have any questions or concerns about pediatric dental crowns or any other pediatric dental services, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to build the foundation for healthy smiles and serve as a trusted dental home for kids in our community. Schedule an appointment with us today, and let us help your child achieve and maintain a lifetime of healthy smiles.